Before we look at Healthy Sweeteners, let's take a look of two very popular sweetener brands on the market today.
- DISORDERS ASSOCIATED WITH ASPARTAME
- Birth Defects
- Brain Tumors
- Emotional Disorders
Splenda CAN adversely affect the body in several ways because it IS a chemical substance and not natural sugar.
Dr. Janet Starr Hull wrote a Book called, Splenda, Is it Safe or not? New chemical sweeteners (like Splenda) and the sweetener blends (aspartame, sucralose and acesulfame K blended together in one product) may be causing users to show signs of weight gain, disruption of sleep patterns, sexual dysfunction, increases in cancer, MS, Lupus, diabetes, and a list of epidemic degenerative diseases. The corporations continue to stand tough in their denial of any connection to chemical sweetener additives.
Chlorine is commonly found in nature, but almost always in combination with other building block elements. Chlorine's structure makes it very reactive and because it is so reactive, it is very useful to chemists, engineers and others involved in making things humans use every day.
Okay, this is where I think I may loose some of you. I can hear you right through the computer .. you are screaming ... Come ON! ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? Some of you are going to look at this and say WHAT! What the world ... Everybody eats sugar ... it's like The American Apple PIE right? WRONG! I have a daughter who is terribly allergic to sugar .. after consuming sugar she almost passes out. She has aches and pains in the middle of the night ... many and various symptoms that are directly related to SUGAR. Most of us know people who have hypoglycemia and diabetes right? If some people react to sugar consumption by developing blood sugar issues, doesn't it make sense that other's would develop other types of side affects to sugar? I will list a few of the symptoms identified with sugar consumption.
Dr. Mercola has listed 76 Ways that Sugar Ruins your Health.
- Sugar can suppress your immune system and impair your defenses against infectious disease.
- Sugar can cause can cause a rapid rise of adrenaline, hyperactivity, anxiety, difficulty concentrating, and crankiness in children.
- Sugar feeds cancer cells and has been connected with the development of cancer of the breast, ovaries, prostate, rectum, pancreas, biliary tract, lung, gallbladder and stomach
This is ONLY 3 out of 76 Ways Sugar can Ruin your Health. If you are brave enough ... If you DARE: Take a look at This LIST 76 WAYS SUGAR CAN RUIN YOUR HEALTH.
STEVIA THE HEALTHY SWEETNER
Finally there is a sweetener that is 100% natural and Safe. As an added bonus is good for you too. Stevia contains antioxidants and fiber and more. Do a search online to discover more health benefits. Stevia is much sweeter than white sugar so you only need a tiny bit. Stevia is approved as a Dietary Supplement in the USA.
Pepsi Cola and Coca Cola have been involved in some extensive research and have made recommendations to the FDA, They expect Stevia to be approved and labeled as a sweetener very soon. You can already find Stevia in Health Food Stores and it is now being marketed in many of your local grocery stores as Truvia. When the FDA gives their final approval we will find stevia being used in all of our favorite products ... I can hardly wait!
I use stevia in place of sugar. As already stated stevia is acually healthy for you. However, in my book, not all stevia's are created equal. It took me quite awhile to find a stevia product that I liked. I did find one. I found it in a Health Food Store. The BRAND NAME I found is produced by New Naturals and called NuStevia. You can also find NuNaturals online @ www.nutaturals.com. It honestly tastes just like sugar!For those of us who need to watch our weight and even for those who don't the ability to have sweets that are healthy yet contain no calories is VERY GOOD NEWS!
HONEY is a very healthy alternative to sugar ..... BUT not just any honey bought on the grocer's shelf. These forms may contain chemicals, pesticides, and artificial ingredients. The Best HONEY is raw unprocessed honey, humankind's oldest sweetener
RAW HONEY IS BENEFICIAL:
- Unfiltered and uncooked to give you a rich, fulfilling taste with all the nutritious benefits
- Promotes the growth of "good" bacteria in your intestinal tract
- Great way to soothe your skin, utilizing natural antioxidants to help assist in blocking free radicals
- Helps with occasional sleeplessness
- Promotes a healthy heart by reducing homo-cysteine levels
- No refrigeration needed -- for your convenience anywhere, anytime
- The best place to find raw honey is at your local Health Food Store. Locally Grown Honey is known to help build up allergy resistance to outdoor pollens and allergens.
Although honey has benefits it is important understand that HONEY will raise your blood sugar just as quickly as sugar does. The key is moderation ... use a little in your tea or on your cereal.
Everyone has a sweet tooth .. now you know which type of sweetness to put into your body .. the one and only one you will ever have. Take Care of It!