Why Do You Need Fiber?
Dr. Mercola, who is a self proclaimedfiber guru and our featured authority, states that less than 10% of the people in the United States consume enough Fiber.
He continues to explain that a lack of consuming quality Fiber has more repercussions to our health than you can imagine .... Did you know that the ability to maintain a healthy heart, to rid the body of harmful toxins and possess a healthy digestive system are all dependent upon eating enough fiber? .... Did you know there are different types of fiber and a variety of ways to get the required amount?
Cancer is on the rise in the U.S. the American Cancer Institute recommends eating 20-35 grams of fiber a day
- Psyllium has binding qualities which encourage normalization of your bowel movement while supporting your digestive function.
- Psyllium's anti-inflammatory activity is helpful with gastric ulcers and its binding properties are useful with treatments for diarrhea, hemmorrhoids and cystistis. Cystitis can sometimes be caused by fecal bacteria created from the diarrhea that migrates up to the urethra.
- Psyllium can also relieve chronic constipation with habitual straining which often leads to hemorrhoids.
- The anti-spasmadic properties of Psyllium can also help with Intestinal spasms.
- Do you struggle with your weight? Psyllium bulks up and gives you afeeling of fullness.